Thursday, January 15, 2009

Closing the Boston Chapter - Part 5: The Final Wish List

I've been sitting on this post for a while.

In my final months in Boston I made it to a lot of my favorite places and wish list spots.

Scups in the Harbor. This is a wish list spot that I didn't have time to visit. If I ever make it out to Logan Airport, I'm taking the airport shuttle or a cab to the harbor to make it to this too-good-to-be-true spot.

Sticky Sticky Bun from Flour. This Food Network Throw Down challenge winner is extremely rich and delicious. I really like the fact that it uses a minimum amount of cinnamon to let the brown sugar and butter flavors shine through. I will attempt to make it on my own someday...

Chacarero from Chacarero. The secret hot sauce! The bread! The steamed green beans! The mashed avocado! The salt! The pepper! The meat! Bright, clean flavors, freshness, and simplicity --- I shall miss it all.

Baked goods. Most notably I shall miss my walks down the block to Kupel's for fresh, eggy, sweet challah. I'll miss my half-priced after 5:00 loaves of bread from Sel de la Terre... the crusty french breads of Clear Flour Bakery... and lots of other carby gems.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Felicia! I just discovered ur blog from your yelp :) I miss chacarepos too! Thanks for taking me when we were in Boston! :) Lois

Anonymous said...

Oops I meant chacarero- I suck at typing on my iPad -_- Lois