Sunday, February 01, 2009

Return to the Bay...

The first thing I ate upon my return flight to the Bay was a thermos of my mom's sinigang with some rice.

The next morning, I made sure that my first meal was a double meat, lettuce and tomato In-n-Out burger. P.S. Did you know you can ask for a free sticker with your meal? Awesome!


My first trip back into Napa to pick up my winter wine included a trip to Bouchon for some uber-buttery brioche.

The first thing I cooked/baked was my first attempt at no-knead bread. Delicious!


My first "new-to-me" place was Gyros House in Mountain View where I tried to keep up with friendly airan-chugging, pistol-shootin' Bulgarians. Another bit of awesomeness!

My first "impressive" meal was Nga and Thomas's Chinese-Vietnamese seafood wedding banquet. Of course I was too busy eating and enjoying company to take pictures =)
javascript:void(0)

My first California fix of Mexican was in Oakland at Taqueria El Farolito. The torta was hearty, but I learned that I'm not a fan of Mexican Coke.



No comments: