Thursday, January 01, 2009

Closing the Boston Chapter - Part 4: The H-Family Black Bottom Pie



My Boston co-worker Lisa always brought her black bottom pie at pot luck events. The pie has an Oreo crust with a gelatin whipped topping filling. I had the honor of being served my own pie during my going-away dinner with her family. My memories of eating this pie are so pleasant that I think it deserves its own blog post. The chocolate cookie wafer crust could win any chocolate snob over... and the simplicity of the whipped filling just melted with every mouthful. The recipe is a guarded treasure of her in-laws, so I'm probably going to spend a few hours of my lifetime trying to recreate it =)

Lisa and Brian also have a knack for finding tasty places to eat in E. Boston and Chelsea. Without their leads on good eats, I would never have enjoyed 303 Cafe, Angela's Cafe, Tijuana, Rino's Place, or Dough's (well, maybe Dough's). Their daughters are definitely going to have great appreciation for tasty restaurant bites.

No comments: