Friday, December 05, 2008

Good-bye and Birthday Lunch Menu

I'm so crazy busy I could scream/spit/cry... etc.

Rather than do any of those things I'm going to take Sara's lead and write a "five minute post."

I'm moving back to California on Sunday, which is also my birthday. I decided to take matters into my own hands and throw myself a Bye-Bye and Birthday Lunch at Myers + Chang.

I know I haven't blogged about my visits there nearly enough. I've gone pretty regularly (once every three months) for the past year, and the food has ranged from AMAZING to too-salty-to eat.

Some might shy away from throwing my last bash at a place that's been so inconsistent. Let's just say that I live dangerously and since I love Flour so much, I'm really rooting for Joanne Cheng's pan Asian restaurant to really soar.

The Tasty Menu

* a: passed/starters
* tea-smoked pork spare ribs *AWESOME*
* crispy spring rolls - garlic chives, bamboo, shiitake mushroom
* veggie-friendly soup - coconut kuri squash?

* b: mains
* wok-roasted mussels - black pepper, lemongrass
* chicken and rapini stirfry * - toasted garlic, chili peppers
* beef and broccoli chow fun - seared flank steak, wide rice noodles, onions

* c: salads/sides
* tiger's tears *AWESOME* - grilled skirt steak, thai basil, lime, khao koor
* edamame and celery slaw - sesame oil, candied lemon

* d: drink
* fountain drink, tea, or coffee

No comments: