Tuesday, September 09, 2008

Vinum Cellars Wine Club - '08 Part Two

What was delivered in my Vinum Cellars wine club shipment last month?

2006 PETS, Petite Sirah, Clarksburg - Amazing. I think it's a great value for an easy to drink, unboring table red. Work people as well as Christophe and Blandine's Francophile dinner guests could not say better things about this wine. Boston folks can find it at Blanchard's ($12.99/bottle).

2007 White Elephant, California White Table Wine - I'm sure it was amazing as in my last shipment, but Ellen and Mary Ann bought these back from me as almost soon as I opened the box. I'm so happy they did!!! I'm not a baller who can actually afford to drink all this wine by myself. This would normally be just out of my price range if I were walking through a store ($17/bottle).

2006 Cabernet Sauvignon, Napa Valley - I haven't tried it yet - as one of the pricier wines ($38/bottle) these puppies will keep until I have a nice excuse to open them.

2007 CNW, Chenin Blanc, Clarksburg - You know, as much as Vinum founders Chris Condos and Richard Bruno are famous for their love of Chenin Blanc, I can't say I share it. It makes me a little sad that I don't know how to appreciate this varietal. I've never had any other CBs, so I can't compare. That's probably my first step in learning what all the fuss is about (aww - I'm pulling the old "it's not you, it's me" excuse). But it's a very affordable, stand-up table white ($12/bottle).

Again, I'm really thankful to have stumbled upon Vinum through last year's Stanford Wine Program. I'm even more juiced that as a small boutique winery they can ship directly to folks in Massachusetts!

1 comment:

cellars wine club promotion code said...

That's one of the best thing about signing up for a wine club, the exclusivity and the wine tasting itself. with this you get to learn a lot about anything that has to do with production of wine.