Friday, February 15, 2008

ficoco goodness



I love bread and crackers: that's probably why I love tasty items that can be spread and eaten of said carby treats. Ficoco is an all-natural, Croatian fig and chocolate spread. It's definitely more "figgy" than chocolately with a very light spreadable consistency. I took advice from Stacey to buy it from Whole Foods, where they demoed it by mixing it 50/50 with softened cream cheese and serving it on mini-toast crackers.

One of the recommended serving suggestions includes drizzling it over ice-cream, but I'm not that brave. It's worth a try if you see it!

What did I drink? Pedroncelli Winery 2004 Dry Creek Valley Cabernet Sauvignon, a 2007 Stanford Alumni Club wine selection. I offered the ficoco treat and the wine to coworkers as a Friday afternoon reward in exchange for helping the Research team stuff Dunkin' Donuts gift cards.

No comments: